President | President
Elect | Secretary | Immediate
Past President | Directors
The Executive Director serves the organization in support of the President
and the Strategic Plan.
The Executive Director shall:
Adopted at ALASBO February, 2011 Board Meeting
- In cooperation with the President, establish a productive, professional
relationship on ALASBO's behalf between ALASBO and its members, state
agencies, profession associations, state and federal legislators, ASBO
International and other ASBO affiliates
- Assist the President in developing Board Meeting agendas.
- Assist the President with Board Meeting preparation.
- Assist the President with ALASBO Committee activities and Board orientation.
- Coordinate newsletter preparation and website maintenance with the
- Assist members with networking and communication:
- Distribution of membership roster
- Email questions and information about ALASBO activities.
- Write a 'Director's Message' for newsletters due the first of February,
May, August, and November.
- Assist the President in implementation of the Strategic Plan as determined
by the ALASBO Board.
- Attend ACSA teleconferences and meetings as appropriate.
- Work closely with the President and Legislative Committee Chair in
planning the Legislative Fly-In:
- Develop program and agenda.
- Coordinate appointments with legislators.
- Assist members with tracking state and federal legislative activity.
- Work closely with the President in planning the Summer Leadership
- Work closely with the President and President Elect in planning the
- Work with trade show contractor.
- Coordinate bid process (every 2-3 years) to select conference
- Work with hotel on all conference arrangements.
- Coordinate sponsored receptions and other meeting functions.
- Work with Sponsorship Committee for vendor financial support.
- Oversee preparation of conference program book.
- Order conference supplies as needed.
- Make arrangements for conference packet preparation.
- Follow-up conference with thank-you's, welcome to new members,
- Coordinate ALASBO member participation in the ASBO International Annual
Conference (fall) and ASBO Leadership Forum (February), attending these
meetings as an ALASBO representative.
- Participate in ASBO Executive Directors Group (AEDG) meetings, including
summer face-to-face meeting.
- Recommend policy and procedure changes to the Board.
- Work with the President and Treasurer to develop annual budget and
track expenses throughout the year.
- Maintain and enhance revenue stream to enable ALASBO's financial stability.
- Develop and manage special projects and programs as requested.
- Collect and maintain all ALASBO records including historical records.