Eligibilty Requirements and Program Rules
1. The ALASBO Business Official of the Year Program is open to all ALASBO
active members having at least 12 consecutive months of membership prior
2. The ALASBO Business Official of the Year is a peer recognition program
for outstanding service, innovative plan design and implementation, or
other exemplary business practices within school business management.
Nominations will be accepted from ALASBO Active or Honorary Members, immediate
supervisors, and local boards of education. Self nominating applications
will be rejected.
3. All entries must be made using the official application with attachments.
Entries must be postmarked by October 31. Entries postmarked after this
date will be returned.
4. The award winner will be required to submit a 100 word biography along
with a professional photograph be used in the program brochure and press
5. The decision of the independent selection committee is final Recipient
A check for $500
2 Roundtrip Pen-Air Tickets
Recognition in news and trade media
An engraved plaque
School Business Official of
the Year Application [PDF]
Applications are due October 31 annually.