President | President
Elect | Secretary | Immediate
Past President | Executive Director |
Directors play an important role in setting the direction for ALASBO, as
well as completing tasks that fulfill ALASBO's mission during their two-year
Adopted at ALASBO February, 2011 Board Meeting
- Assist in planning the annual conference and arranging for sectional
speakers as assigned.
- Assist with preparing conference packets on the day before the annual
conference begins (usually Saturday afternoon).
- Attend Board meeting at the end of the Annual Conference (usually
- Participate in all Board meetings as a voting Board member.
- Participate in orientation session with President and Executive Director.
- Attend as many ASBO International and ALASBO events as possible.
- Serve on at least one ALASBO committee.
- Provide at least one article for the quarterly newsletter during the
term of office.
- Function as the ALASBO liaison with specific school districts that
are assigned by Board seat. Directors will communicate situations and
issues relative to their assigned school districts as appropriate to
the ALASBO President or Executive Director. Suggested communication
- Monthly email communication.
- Contact relative to attending ALASBO's Fly-In
- Contact relative to attending ALASBO's Annual Conference
- Query business managers about desired training opportunities
- Solicit feedback from those who may be on ALASBO committees
- Query business managers about situations when ALASBO may be of
assistance (colleague support)
- Change in District staff
- Quarterly telephone call